Participate in Patient Input
When drugs are submitted by manufacturers to Health Canada for a Notice of Compliance (NOC), CADTH puts out a call to all patient groups to submit input regarding the drug seeking a NOC. CTAC regularly contributes to the CADTH Common Drug Review Patient Input process for a number of HIV and hepatitis C drugs.
The experiences and feedback from patients is key in informing the recommendations CADTH makes to publicly funded drug plans throughout Canada.
You can learn more about the Common Drug Review via this engaging video produced by CTAC.
Upcoming CTAC Patient Group Input Consultations:
Sofosbuvir / velpatasvir (SOF/VEL) for chronic genotype 1-6 hepatitis C virus (Date to be determined)
Recent CTAC Patient Group Input Consultations:
Truvada as HIV PrEP
PrEP is a part of an HIV prevention revolution. This webinar provides you with the medical and scientific evidence behind Truvada for HIV PrEP.
CTAC wants to hear from you if you ...
- currently take Truvada for HIV prevention (PrEP)
- have tried to get PrEP or are trying to get it
- think you may be at risk of getting HIV and are considering going on PrEP
- are living with HIV and thinking about what PrEP means for you, your sex life, or having a child
- are interested in learning about the medical and scientific evidence behind PrEP
Egrifta is a new treatment for excess abdominal fat in people living with HIV with lipodystrophy.
This National Webinar includes information on:
- How patients can influence the drug approval process
- Clinical trial data findings on Egrifta
- Evaluation of whether Egrifta meets the needs of people with lived experience